Friday, June 12, 2009

class

Hello my name is Laura. and i am part of the UNO summer scholars program. The course I'm taking is U.S history after the civil war and my professor's name is Dr. Mark. This class is in a lecture hall and the notes we take are based on what we think is important. The grade is for this class is based off of the three major exams the first being next week. the class requires that we read half a chapter to two chapters by the next day, yes it is a lot of reading but because we are in such a time crunch that is why we need this much reading.



My experience in the class so far has be fine. I do not think it is as bad as I thought it would be, the concepts are very simple and if you know what he is talking about and and keep up with the reading you will never be lost. The last chapter I just read was about conflicts and changes in the west after the civil war and how this effects the economy and life of the people.
I feel that the class has been great and the professor is a very good professor. He makes sure that we get down the right information and will take his time for us.

My class is a small group at least of 20 to 25 people. We do not ask many questions but when we need something clarified he will make sure we understand it. Class for me in the university feels a lot different than high school. I think that this challenge is good learning experience for me in the future. So far it has taught me to not be so timid in class and that I actually have to start thinking of things in more detail than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment