Monday, June 29, 2009

Mommy

What would you do if you had to wake up at 5 A.M everyday venture out into the woods and find fire wood? Well I do not know what i would do but this is what my mom had to go through as a little girl in El Salvador, and this is why I admire her.
My mom's name is Ana and she was born on a country call El Salvador located in central America. The reason i admire my mom is because she is a very string will person and she never let anyone or anything bring her down. She was left to take care of herself and her three other sisters at the age of 16. Since she was the oldest she was in charge, now she was not all on her own she did have my great-grandmother there but she wasn't much help. She always had to be up by 5 A.M. find fire word, grind the corn and hand make tortillas everyday, if she didn't well lets just say that great-grandma wasn't happy. My mom also lived through the Civil War. She experienced things many of us will not experience until we have our own. It always shocks me on how she lived through all of this. Later on my mom came to the U.S. she moved in with my grandma in Los Angeles, CA. She found herself a job cleaning homes and eventually met my dad and moved to Nebraska two years after i was born.
The reason i admire my mom so much is because i have never seen woman so determined to give her kids the best. My mom works the night shift at her job at a meat packing plant just so my siblings and i can go to school. She always tell us that no matter what to never let ourselves fall because there are people in this world that would kill to see us down on our luck. She has always been the kind of person that will be there for me no matter what.
These qualities will help me through my college experience because if i know that someone like her has made it through such bad time then maybe college is not as bad as i imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment